In 2004 I completed my internship at IHP and graduated with my degree in Exercise Science. After completing my internship I was lucky enough to become part of the IHP family full-time. I am very passionate about exercise and I love teaching and motivating people. I also believe a great coach is one that never stops learning and is able to adapt his approach to the personality and needs of his client. These qualities in a personal trainer provide clients with individualized exercise programs that produce the best results.
- Florida Atlantic University
- Major: Exercise Science
- Graduated 2004
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
- USA Weightlifting - Club Coach Level I
- American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA) - Level II
- Grif has been involved in competitive swimming for 25 years. He swam at the division I college level and then went on to become a high school swim coach. In 7 years as the head coach for Spanish River High School his guys have a record of 42 – 6. He has accepted a swim coaching position at Lynn University. His experience in the sport and knowledge of strength training has resulted in a great combination for training some of the top swimmers in the State of Florida and the country. The list of swimmers he has worked with range from Olympians all the way to Age Group Swimmers and everyone in between. 2 years ago Grif and JC co-founded IHPSWIM, a company that educates swimmers and coaches around the world on strength and conditioning for swimmers.
- Grif has been published several times by the National Strength and Conditioning Association and has also presented at their National Conference. In addition to this he has lectured on functional training topics inside and outside of the United States.
- Grif’s greatest strength as a person trainer is his ability to work with a versatile clientele. His clients range from elite athletes, of virtually every sport, to weekend warriors, housewives and clients with disabilities.
Hobbies and Interests
One of Grif’s biggest passion is athletics. He loves to watch and play almost every sport. In addition to this he loves to relax with friends and family.